WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY
Last updated: 20th October 2021
Together English Language Centre Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy together with our terms of and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us and aims to be compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation legislation. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
This policy applies to our website, application process and procedures.
The data controller is Together English Language Centre Ltd.
74 Salaminos Str
Registered in Cyprus.
Registered Company Number: HE122864
Contact email: email@example.com
Under the GDPR, there are six principles. Personal data must be processed following these principles so that the data are:
- Processed fairly, lawfully and transparently – and only if there is a valid ‘legal basis’ for doing so
- Processed only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited
- Accurate (and rectified if inaccurate)
- Not kept for longer than necessary
- Processed securely – to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal data
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you, you may supply this personally or we may collect this information from anyone acting on your behalf, such as parents or legal guardians. We will ask you to consent to give us this information. Consent is the legal basis for us collecting this information. Information that you provide by filling in our online application forms. This includes information provided at the time of registering, requesting information or applying to study or work with us.
- Information that you provide by completing any paper application for or information request (including medical information) when applying to study or work with us.
- Information you supply by using email, written correspondence or verbally.
- Information supplied by a third party and relevant to you such as any exam results and English test results.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We receive all information upon application and we keep it while you are studying with us. When you leave the school, your information is archived and you will stop receiving SMS messages and emails from Together English Language Centre Ltd. All paper copies of student information will be kept on site for up to two years and then it will be destroyed, unless the law at any point requires differently.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We do not obtain any information about your general internet usage (e.g. cookies, IP addresses etc.)
WHERE WE STORE AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you will be primarily securely stored on our database Teach’n’Go. Together English Language Centre staff have access to the data but do not share the data with anyone else. We also keep some paper copies of information safety on site at the institute. Information may also be shared between staff as appropriate and necessary to meet the needs of our business and to deliver your education as efficiently and appropriately as possible.
Your data will be processed to support your education, health and welfare while studying at Together English Language Centre. We will also use it for processing your payments or reporting your process to you, your parents, sponsors or legal guardians. This information will be communicated through our online platform Teach’n’go, SMS sent through our platform or via email.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access our online platform Teach’n’go, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security feature to try to prevent unauthorised access and keep your information secure.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties (other people):
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation to do so. This includes exchanging information with national authorities such as, but not limited to Cyprus Police.
- If appropriate we will also share your personal data with companies and organisations for the purposes of regulatory or inspection compliance and fraud protection.
- If you are sponsored by your employer, we will share personal data such as academic results or attendance as required by your sponsorship.
- In the event of a medical emergency we will disclose your data to the appropriate medical authorities.
RIGHT TO BE PROVIDED WITH CERTAIN INFORMATION
RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
We must provide you with a copy of your information unless providing some or all of it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others, or the law allows us not to comply with your request. You can access your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org We aim to provide you with your information within 30 days.
RIGHT TO CORRECTION
You can ask us to correct any information which you believe is inaccurate. We’ll update your information as soon as we can. You may need to provide supporting evidence before we can deal with your request; e.g. a copy of your national ID or passport if you want to update your name or to ensure the spelling is correct for submission to external exams so as it appears correctly on the certificate.
RIGHT TO ERASURE (‘RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN’)
You can ask us to erase your personal information:
- if you think it’s no longer necessary for us to hold your information;
- if you don’t think we have any legitimate grounds for processing it;
- if you think we’re using your personal information unlawfully; or
- if you think we should delete your personal information because the law requires us to do so.
RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING
You can ask us to stop using your personal information:
- if you think it’s inaccurate;
- if you think it’s illegal for us to use it;
- if you don’t want us to destroy it because you need it for legal proceedings;
- if you’ve told us we don’t have a legitimate reason for using it and we’re considering your request.
You can ask us to notify everyone to whom we’ve given your personal information whenever we amend, delete or agree to restrict our use of it.
RIGHT TO OBJECT
We may use your personal information to further our legitimate interests; e.g. we may use information about you to improve our marketing messages because we have a legitimate interest in making sure our students know about courses which could be of benefit to them. We’ll always give you the right to object whenever we intend to use your personal information for our legitimate interests.
HOW TO STOP RECEIVING MARKETING MESSAGES
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or ask for consent to use it. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Together English Language Centre Ltd.
74 Salaminos Str
CONTACT EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you’re unhappy with how we’ve handled your information you can refer your concerns to the Academic Director, who is responsible for handling personal information at Together English Language Centre Ltd, at:
74 Salaminos Str
Telephone: 22 384 115